Tuesday, 4 August 2026

the weight of dreams




So it happened, I moved across countries.


To be honest I had always had this dream that when I was older, in my 20s, I would be living on my own in some cool popular city like every romcom girl I had ever watched on film. Of course, as I got older I realised that doing such a thing was going to be very difficult considering I would need to have a lot of one thing. 

Money. 

It's the one thing you always need and can never seem to have enough of in this world. Fortunately for me I was able to secure a job in high school but not until the last year and a half. This was mainly due to the fact that wherever I applied I need 3+ years of experience for the most mundane job that I could learn in 20 minutes flat, but it is what it is. However once I got my job I did what any smart girl does, spends her whole entire first pay check on shopping of course! Kidding, but not really, I do regret that. Luckily the lack of money I had afterwards made me realise that if I wanted to get anywhere I was going to need to save my money for the future. And so I did. 

Less than a year later I had slaved and safed my life away. 

However I didn't have enough money to move to the life of my dreams and I didn't particularly want to start university straight out of school, so the only logical answer was to travel. I booked myself a month trip to Italy to escape away from my feelings of not going anywhere with my life. I'll admit sipping on limoncello and aperol spritz's did help distract me from my impending life choices but like all good trips it had to come to an end. During the last few days of my trip I went to visit my grandmother in Seattle, it was there that I got presented with a job opportunity to work as an assistant. 

This was very sudden for me.
All in the span of 3 days I was being asked to stay back in Seattle instead of going home. I needed to recap my thoughts so I said "what if I went home for a few weeks, gathered my things and came back?", the next day I was on a plane home with my mind racing about what had just been handed to me. Once I arrived back home I told my parents the plan and from then I had 3 weeks to pack up my whole life, say goodbye to friends, and mourn the fact I would be leaving my dog. { I actually miss my baby so much }

There were tones of tears, I'm a sensitive lady.
I think I cried for 15 minutes while holding my mother, she is my best friend and it was very hard to let her go. We both knew that this would be an amazing opportunity for me but we were very close and it was going to hurt being apart for a long time. In the end I powered through and now here I am, sitting in my office writing this on my lunch break. 

I have no idea where this new chapter of my life will take me but I'm very excited to share it with everyone!

xoxo, ladybug

4 comments:

  1. I just read your post and I love it! I can't wait for the next post with new updates!! wishing you well!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this so much. I have a similar dream of moving to Europe for graduate school and a similar situation of being devastated to leave my mom (my best friend) behind. I can't imagine how hard that was, but I'm so happy for you and I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this entry! Congratulations on your move and job! I recently moved to Washington at the beginning of the year for school, and I've just been trying to romanticize my life and explore too. Since moving here I visited Seattle a couple times, and it was fun you're going to love it! Wishing you the best <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute!! i wish you all the best on your next journey !!!

    ReplyDelete

my recent mind dump

art is messy, but so is life

  If you know me personally, then you know that I was brought up to be very organised and one of my favourite things to do is make lists, wh...