My ladies aren't here to complete me.
It's been 3 months since I have been with my girls, it's safe to say that I'm having withdrawals. For some people, their friendships are easily replaceable, I am not one of those people. Yes, I am perfectly fine on my own but I need my girls, they are a part of me and have always been there for me. Unlucky for me, they are all on an 18 hour plane flight away in a totally different country. Which isn't terribly ideal when it's 2am and your missing them. I especially miss the comfort I felt in knowing they were near and I could whisk out my phone no matter the hour and flick them a quick text.
ladybug: "hey love, let's meet up for dinner sometime soon, when works for you?"
rice cake: "how abt next week Wednesday 7pm down by the waterfront?"
ladybug: "perfect, i'll put it in my calendar"
rice cake: "where shall we go?"
You get the idea, I can't do this anymore unless I swim across the seven seas to meet them. They are my everything and they complete me. Also the three hour gossip sessions we have over drinks and good food are consistently in the back of my mind, it's making me insane.
I think girlhood is kind of romantic in a way, you just know that your female friendships are special because of the way they make you feel. You don't need to say it either, you can just live with knowing that the girl/girls next to you are with you. I could turn to my best friend and breakdown but yet she will be able to untangle my strings and make sense of the messiness that is clouding me that day. You don't find that in just anyone. To me this is absolutely beautiful, the way we support each other and life one another up is what makes girlhood, girlhood.
Unfortunately, life isn't the sunshine and rainbows we were promised by our princess films as little girls, but we do have our ladies with us. I miss my ladies terribly and I hope to see them when I return home this year for Christmas. I hope every girl out there has her other part/parts to giggle and gossip with, I for one can't wait to get back home to mine.
xoxo, ladybug
.gif)
No comments:
Post a Comment