"You'll just get it anyways"
I heard a lot of that in high school. Maybe it's because I could coast through an assignment with little to no effort and still get a good grade, not a perfect one, but not bad either. However, the fact that I could do this meant when I tried and put my effort into something it was almost always downplayed. When I lost at something people would instantly have opinions and let me aware of their expectations they had on me. It felt suffocating to say the least, but I got through it.
Today I see a lot online about "manifesting". Wether your conjuring up your dream life, the type of romance you want, or your new big girl job, people were now joining in on the new trend of manifesting what you want. I liked the idea, writing in my journal what I wanted my life to like in this many years and the type of goals I wanted to achieve by a certain age, however it seemed to me that when I told people that I had achieved what I had so called "manifested" they were a little taken back when I told I worked to make it happen.
Everything that I had wanted to do in life didn't just pop out of thin air because I had wished upon a star, no, it was because I had put in the work. Sure some of that work came from the help of others but I didn't just sit around waiting for my dreams to happen. Suddenly I felt the exact same way I had felt in school, as if my hard work to get what I wanted was being downplayed, only this time it was to it being manifested instead of be expected.
In all seriousness, I think people need to realise that the things they see about getting your dream life don't just come from a few casually toss expectations and little work, you need to put in the effort to get what you want. Unless of course your some rich 1% person but that's not me along with the rest of the world. I believe that you can, truely, get the life that you want, but it won't be by just manifesting it. You will need to plan, and you will need to set goals for yourself to achieve in small portions so that eventually you can get to where you want to be. Now how fast you get to where you want to be depends on your determination.
I know it's not terribly romantic to work but if it means that you can get the life you want then you will have to buckle down and do it. To be honest, this was more of an annoyed rant more than anything but I think it's an important wake up call to some, you can't just sit and expect your life to change, you need to do something. Nothing changes if nothing changes.
xoxo, ladybug

No comments:
Post a Comment